Hello hungry ones.
Asian main dish today, with the very creative name of Chicken Breasts with Red Thai Curry Peanut Sauce.
I first had this last year, when I spent a few days at my friend’s house in Subic Bay. I enjoyed my stay there! It felt like I was in a cooking show every night as my friend enjoooooys cooking. With a twist though, as she is on South Beach Diet! So we cook and eat, but guilt-free! Recipe adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen.
What you need:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 T peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 T chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (without added sugar) at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T red Thai Curry Paste
- 3 T chicken stock
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- about 2 T oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 T finely chopped cilantro (or more), plus more for garnish if desired
What to do:
1. Combine ginger, garlic, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, curry paste, and chicken stock.
Taste to see if you want to add more red curry paste. Mix it in a bowl. It should look like this:
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Rub chicken with black pepper, then add chicken to pan and saute over medium heat about until chicken breasts are nicely browned and cooked through.
3. Remove chicken and put it on a plate. Reduce heat to low and add 1 cup coconut milk, stirring constantly. Stir in peanut-garlic-curry-ginger paste mixture and heat through, about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Turn off the heat and add the cilantro. Pour the sauce over the pan-fried chicken.
5. Voila! You can add some more cilantro if you like. This dish is best eaten with rice. If you are on South Beach diet, use Basmati rice as it is less starchy.