Hello, hungry ones.
I really put Alex’s name there because Ella’s Paella would look too Dr. Seuss-y. Besides, it’s Alex’s recipe too. Anyway, yes, another rice dish. Tasty Spanish rice dish!
This is the quick and easy version as we used cooked rice. Enjoy!
What you need:
- 2 T garlic, minced
- 2 T onion, minced
- 250 g Spanish chorizo, chopped into bite sized pieces
- few pieces of shrimp
- 250 g chicken, bones intact
- 1 cup squid, sliced
- 1 cup mussels (with shells-better!)
- 4 cups rice (uncooked, washed and drained)
- 1 t turmeric or 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 500 ml chicken broth
What to do:
1. Fry chicken to golden brown. Set aside and drain. On the same pan (drain some oil, please!).
2. Sautee onions, garlic with Spanish chorizo until oils are rendered.
3. Add rice. Mix well.
4. Add 1 tsp of turmeric powder. I prefer saffron though but we didn’t have it at the occurrence of thy craving!
5. Add chicken broth, and seafood and simmer for 20-30 mins! Easy peasy!
6. When it’s all dry, add the chicken to the rice. Voila!
*Notes: You can also garnish it with spring onions apart from lemons; and that’s grilled squid! A seperate recipe to follow!
- 2 In The Kitchen: Celebrate National Paella Day (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- 86/365: National Spanish Paella Day (eatmywords365.com)
- Dinner Tonight: Chicken paella bianco (thetimes.co.uk)