Hello, hungry ones.
Chocolate chip cookies hold a special place in our hearts. It’s one of those time capsule thingies: when you have it, it brings you back to your childhood. Like, Thundercats or Rainbow Brite.
This is perfect: moist and chewy, like the way you want it. So… take out those cookie sheets and let’s get back to being kids again!
Don’t forget your glass of cold milk!
What you need (makes 20 cookies):
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 T and 2 t unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 C semisweet chocolate chips OR 3/4 C semisweet chocolate chips + 3/4 C white chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F).
- Grease your cookie sheets.
- Get a medium bowl and cream together the margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and stir in the vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place them one inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.