Hello, hungry ones.
We now have a contributor, Dexy. Dexy is from Canada, and he loves to cook, obviously. He will be popping in every week to share his special recipes to us! Thanks, Dexy!
For today, we are going to have White Bean, Pea and Carrot Salad. Perfect for spring!
What you need:
- 2 c white beans, soaked
- 2 c frozen peas and carrot
- 4 hearts of celery, diced
- 1/4 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 5 stalks asparagus, sliced into 1 inch segments and spears separated
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 100 g tofu, cubed
For the vinaigrette:
- juice of 3 lemons
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 T tapenade
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 T honey
- salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Blanche asparagus and tofu for 2 minutes. That means you dunk it in boiling water and rinse it in really, really cold water.
- Boil soaked beans for an hour or until “al dente“. Firm.
- Two minutes before beans are done, add frozen peas and carrots.
- Drain water and let bean and frozen pea and carrot cool for a minute or two.
- Toss the other ingredients together.Add blanched tofu and asparagus segments (separate spears) and white beans and frozen pea and carrot.
- Meanwhile, whisk ingredients for vinaigrette together in a small bowl.
- Serve salad in a bowl or a small glass, garnish with asparagus spears and drizzled with vinaigrette! Tada!
- White Bean Dip with Parmesan Crisps (burntapple.com)
- Vegetable White Bean Hash (thehappybodmeals.com)
- Fusilli Pasta and Tofu Salad Recipe – SoyConnection.com (soyconnection.com)
- Balsamic chicken salad recipe, only 240 calories! (voxxi.com)
- Kathleen’s Calico Bean Salad (feedingmrpicky.wordpress.com)