Hello, hungry ones.
If you’re like me, you live alone and make dinners for… one. No, I don’t overeat. Single servings are my friends. And when I do that, I make it fast and simple because I am usually starving. My friend Rae lives alone too, and asked for a guacamole recipe earlier, so I was like, okay. Sure. I think he will make some for his newly formed LGBT club though. Hey Rae, congrats! Here’s to you!
What you need:
- 1 big, very ripe avocado
- 1 small tomato
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- squeeze of lime/calamansi
- cayenne pepper powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
What to do:
1. Chop the tomato and pound it into a mush. Put the tomato mush into a bowl.
2. Pit the avocado and scoop the flesh into the bowl with the toma-mush.
3. Put the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mash everything together. Season with salt and pepper. Done.
- Serve with with tortillas. Duh, Ella, duh.
- Serve with junk food tortilla (like, you know, Doritos or Tortillaz).
- Serve with toasted bread (toasted with olive oil) and tomato salsa (separate recipe). Top with a coddled egg, too. This is my favourite! Pictured above!
- And oh, if you’re really lazy and you have ham in the fridge, just slice the avocado into fingers and wrap with a slice of ham. Appetizer done!
- Peace, Love, Perfect Guacamole. (thishungrykitten.com)
- Holy Guacamole (msilecchia3.wordpress.com)
- Simple Guacamole (basikhomehowto.com)
- Mama’s Homemade Guacamole Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Tasty Sunday (justinlovewithberni.com)