Hello, hungry ones.
If you’re a fan of Chicken Bon Chon, you’ve come to the right place.
What you need:
1 kg chicken
flour for coating.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime/kalamansi will do
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste (gochujang- found at your nearby korean grocery or asian food section)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger minced
- 3 tablespoons of red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of red pepper powder (gochugaru)
What to do:
1. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
2. After marinating, coat it in flour.
3. At low heat fry until golden brow approx 5-7 mins on each side. Turning occasionally.
4. Remove excess oil via paper towel on plate.
5. Bathe it in sauce. Done.