Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much: such men are dangerous” Julius Caesar
Hello, hungry ones!
We’re baaaaaaaaaack! Yeah, sorry for being MIA these past few days. Emotional havoc can really affect the appetite — hence, no cooking. But hey ho, happy, tasty, yummy days ahead!
(About the appetite thing — man, I just binged on polvoron and protein shake! Don’t know what polvoron is? Fret not, recipe coming up soon on the comfort food category).
Speaking of comfort food, Chap Chae is one of my comfort foods! I first had it in Chicken Bon Chon and finally decided to make it. I have to say: Bad days? Nahhh.
PS my version is the vegan one, but you can add meat.
What you need:
- 250 g glass noodles (vermicelli or mung bean noodles will do too)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/2 C soy sauce
- 3 T sesame oil
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 C mushrooms (button or oyster mushrooms)
- Spinach (a handful will do)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Scrambled egg strips for garnish (optional)
What to do:
1 Cook noodles in boiling water. This may take about 2 minutes. Drain, and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
2 Grab a bowl and combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and garlic. Mix well. This will be your sauce mixture.
3 In a wok, heat oil and sauté the onions. Add the mushrooms, carrots and spinach leaves. Cook for 3 minutes.
4 Add the sauce mixture and stir in the noodles. When most of the sauce is absorbed, it is ready. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle sesame seeds and your scrambled egg strips. Enjoy!
- Sesame Tilapia and Miracle Noodle, A zero calorie noodle (cherrymama.wordpress.com)
- Sesame Soba Noodles (smellslikebrownies.com)
- Quick Sesame Soy Noodles (momdecuisine.net)
- Janchi-guksu, banquet noodle soup (korcook.wordpress.com)
- Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce (withpotsandpens.com)