Hello, hungry ones!
Our friend Dexy is here to share his wonderful dessert. It’s kinda like a parfait but the fusion of flavours is the one to watch out for. Gourmet right in your kitchen! And remember, it’s Mother’s Day on Sunday! This dessert might be laborious but hey your mom did some for you to be out here.
What you need:
For the Wasabi White Chocolate:
- 40 g lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 300 g sour cream
- 375 g white chocolate
- 20 g store bought wasabi
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 35 g Sugar
- 60 g Milk
- 3.5 g Gelatin
- 250 g Cream cheese
- 225 g Whipping cream
- 25g Yogurt
- 1 t Lemon juice
For the Cornflake Shortbread:
- 1 C (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 C crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 t (2 grams) salt
- 1 C (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 C (60 grams) powdered (confectioners or icing) sugar
- 1 t (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
For the Peach layer:
- Canned peaches, drained and syrup set aside
What to do:
For Wasabi-white chocolate:
- Place the chopped white chocolate in a bowl of a bain-marie and melt.
- Heat the lime juice to 40′C.
- Bring the creme fraiche to a near simmer.
- Pour the sour cream over the white chocolate in two additions.
- Add the lime juice.
- Add the grated wasabi.
- Mix until smooth and scrap the mixture in a pyrex dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it cool in the refrigerator.
For Cream Cheese Layer:
- Bloom the gelatin in the water.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in the sauce pan, heat the milk in the microwave for 1 minute or until hot.
- Gradually pour the milk into the yolk mixture, beat the yolk all the time.
- Put the pan over low heat, until thicken slightly and the mixture feel warm to touch (about 80°C)
- Take the pan off the heat put the gelatin into the yolk mixture and stir to combine.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft and free of lump, add the custard and beat to combine.
- Put the yogurt and lemon juice into the bowl and beat to combine.
- Using mixer, whisk cream just to soft peaks, then gently fold 1/3 of the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently fold back the cream cheese and cream mixture into the cream.
For Cornflake Shortbread:
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour and crushed cornflakes with the salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Flatten the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough for at least an hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) with the rack in the middle of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a 1/8 inch thick circle. Cut into rounds or other shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter. Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. (This will firm up the dough so the cookies will maintain their shape when baked.) Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
For Peach layer:
- Dice peaches.
- Heat in a pan with syrup until thick. Set aside.
- Pipe cream cheese layer at the bottom of the cup. Place a spoonful of peaches on top. Pipe white chocolate and wasabi on top of peach layer. Break corn flake short bread into smaller pieces and decorate cup.
- Forget Peanut Butter Kit Kat – How About Wasabi? Strawberry Cheesecake? Blueberry? Green Tea? (wonderlusting.co.uk)
- Sunday Cook Off : Nutella Crispies and Mint Cornflake Treats (7kindsofmind.com)
- Flour-less compromise….somehow there is always a compromise but its ohh so worth it! Ummmm Chocolate – is one of them. (altern-ate.com)
- Peach and White Chocolate Cookies (bloomfieldroad.com)
- Banana Split Pie (dahliafashion.wordpress.com)