Hello, hungry ones!
I have just watched a very powerful documentary about food – where we get it, how we get it – specifically meat. And, uh… Let’s just say that it was so powerful, I don’t want to eat meat anymore. It’s a selfish act I suppose because I don’t want to feel guilty. But let’s not get into that.
Right, first things first. I love eggs, so they won’t go. And to celebrate that is this frittata. I love frittatas because they are lazy omelettes: nothing to flip. Just let them stay there and cook. So yeah, let’s get things done.
What you need:
- Sweet pepper (I opted for yellow ones, but it would be good if you can get red and green too), julienned
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped/torn
- White onion, chopped
- Olive oil
- Four eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
What to do:
1. Sautee the onions with olive oil. When transparent (probably about 3 minutes), add the sweet pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the eggs and cover the pan for 3 minutes. Then add the basil leaves. Cover it again for a minute.
3. Get your serving plate and serve it with parmesan cheese on top.
I got a tortilla wrap, sliced a portion of the frittata, added tomato salsa and boom. Easy breakfast for people who wake up late like me!
- Easy Sunrise Frittata (lowfat.answers.com)
- Frittata (spoonful.com)
- Fiddlehead Frittata (catherinemjohnson.wordpress.com)
- Suzi’s Sweet Red Pepper Pasta Sauce (insuziswords.wordpress.com)
- Potato And Sweet Pepper Frittata (wasafaty.wordpress.com)