Hello, hungry ones! Our community is growing! Let’s all welcome Anica. Anica is another high school friend who is an absolute boss in the kitchen. We didn’t know that until after college too. Anica will contribute some of her recipes for us to enjoy. Yay! For our first Anica recipe, it will be Beef Salpicao. Honestly, every time I order salpicao in a restaurant, they always say it’s not available. I am that unlucky. So thank you for this, I’ll make my own – (with veg meat most probably) – and I am saying goodbye to all you restaurants who don’t want me eating their salpicao. I am not bitter at all. What you need:
- 1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin, cubed
- 3 T garlic, minced
- 1 t salt
- 4 T butter
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 5 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 T oyster sauce
- 1 can button mushrooms
What to do:
- Combine the meat with salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil, mix well. Let sit for another 30 minutes.
- On high heat, sear the beef with all the spices, until the outer part turns brown. Toss the beef so that all sides are uniformly cooked/browned.
- Add the oyster sauce and the Worcestershire sauce and toss some more until the sauces dry up.
- Put butter, cream and mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Done! Enjoy!