Hello, hungry ones!
We are going to have eggs this Sunday just cause… we love eggs. This recipe comes from a south beach diet plan but it has been modified to, uh, suit our palette. It’s easy and healthy and best of all, delish! Now on we go!
What you need:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 C onion, chopped
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 T chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T parmesan cheese (or more… I definitely used more!)
1. Heat olive oil and sauté the onion until it’s transparent. Add the garlic. Then add the tomatoes and basil. Stir occasionally until it thickens (about 5 minutes) over medium heat.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Make some “holes” on your tomato mixture on the pan. You’ll drop your eggs there. So crack them and drop! Cover the pan for about 3 minutes (low heat). Just make sure that the eggs are still runny when you serve them.
3. Grab a serving plate and spoon the egg + tomato mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top! Garnish with basil leaves, and serve with toast for dipping into the egg. Enjoy!
- Baked Eggs, Baked Eggs Recipe & Oven Baked Eggs | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Tortilla Espanola & Recipe for Tortilla Espanola | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- meatless monday: asparagus and tomato pizza- JAM (bungalowkitchen.wordpress.com)
- The Joy of Herbs (ediblesouthshoreblog.wordpress.com)
- Tuscan Roasted Vegetables (thekillerdiet.com)
- Breakfast Casserole (realfoodbusylife.com)