Hello, hungry ones!
Most people (and I mean 98% of the population) do not know that my significant other is actually a bomb in the kitchen; and man, basing it in cooking skills alone, he’s a keeper. He’s so good that he makes better Asian dishes than an Asian does(he’s European). But we’re not making any Asian dishes today; it would be an eggplant day, as we are making deep fried eggplants. I’m telling you, it’s so good, it will make your girlfriend say “I do”!
What you need:
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced crosswise into rounds
- garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 C fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 C vegetable oil
What to do:
1. Mix parsley, salt and garlic powder into the breadcrumbs. Then heat oil in a deep saucepan until it reaches 325 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. Place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs each in separate shallow dishes. Coat each eggplant sandwich evenly with flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip in eggs, followed by breadcrumbs to coat.
2. Working in batches, gently place eggplant into hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Top with mozzarella and enjoy! You can also serve it with ketchup or tomato sauce!
- Eggplant Dish (safarisandsunsets.com)
- Vegan Gluten Free Eggplant Parm (omgirlsguide.com)
- Eggplant with Garlic Sauce bento (japantaka.wordpress.com)
- Easy Eggplant Parm (muratorepaulina.wordpress.com)
- Gluten Free Eggplant Bites (skinnybakeaholic.wordpress.com)