Hello, hungry ones!
Let’s welcome my new favourite dish. This will inspire you to be a vegetarian. It is so tasty that you’ll forget you’re meat-dependent!
What you need:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped into small chunks
- 1 eggplant, chopped into chunks
- 1 cup button mushrooms (I used white)
- 2-4 tbsp curry paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 150ml vegetable stock (you can use mushroom water – soak mushrooms in 150 ml water for 15 minutes)
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- chopped coriander.
What to do:
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and potato. Cover, then cook over a low heat for 5 mins until the potatoes start to soften. Throw in the eggplant and mushrooms, then cook for a few more minutes.
2. Stir in the curry paste, pour over the stock and coconut milk, stirring constantly as the coconut milk curdles. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins or until the potato is tender. Stir through the coriander and serve with rice!
- Vegan Mushroom Gravy (vegetarian.answers.com)
- Beef and Vegetable Curry (lifekitt.wordpress.com)
- Curried Potato Salad (girlfriendscoffeehour.com)
- Thai Vegetable Curry (leanlikelacey.com)
- Thai Red Curry Tofu Recipe (vegetarian.answers.com)