Hello, hungry ones!
We’re back (again) after a brief hiatus, and we are soooooo back with this recipe! I know, you have probably seen “pumpkin tower” in a Martha Stewart magazine as a Halloween decor idea, but here in HHO, we are starving all the time (true), and those decors? They don’t matter, we want food. Now.
This is, by the way, one of the simplest and most creative dishes I’ve ever encountered. I know that sounds paradoxical with the words simple and creative in one sentence, but I tell you, I’ll be having this with a nice wine for tomorrow’s dinner because I want to be happy. Yeah because this dish is made by a happy man. Thanks, Ash! 🙂
What you need:
- Pumpkin/Squash, sliced into 4 squares
- 300 g Goat’s Cheese, sliced into 4 pieces
- Spinach (Kangkong may be used as substitute, Filipinos)
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste (optional)
What to do:
- Parboil the squash, transfer it on an oven-proof dish and drizzle it with olive oil. Roast it in the oven until tender (about 15 minutes, but it really depends on how thick you sliced the pieces). Set aside.
- Parboil the spinach. Add some salt if you want, but remember that the goat’s cheese is very tasty. Set aside.
- Get your sliced cheese and call your five year old to help you with the next step. Only if you have a five year old. (I know this step is useless but the cheese picture is so awesome I really want to have a step for it – it looks like heaven!)
- Arrange it like a boss: Squash + spinach + cheese + squash + spinach + cheese.
- There’s your tower. As far as I know, I’m limiting mine to two storeys. Easier to eat that way (yes, we are hungry – but we eat with panache; always with panache). And yes a bottle of wine is an excellent idea. Panache. Always.
- Warm Almond Crusted Goat Cheese with Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta (celebratewithtiffany.wordpress.com)
- Spinach Tomato Baked Mac & Cheese (cooklikekayla.com)
- MeatlessMonday: Spinach Potato Fritata with Goat Cheese (ireneperelli.wordpress.com)
- Goat cheese, beetroot and butternut squash salad! (sproutsandstilton.wordpress.com)
- Making Treats for California Wine Month (fox40.com)