Hello, hungry ones!
What have you been up to? We recently posted a survival dish but now let’s move on to a dish that will instantly brighten up your day: simple, healthy and delicious. I know that sounds like an impossible checklist, especially on the delicious part, but trust me – you’ll never go back to ye olde boring mash after this recipe. Besides, who doesn’t like potatoes?
What you need:
- 1/2 cup cabbage leaves, shredded
- 2 cups potatoes, boiled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili flakes (optional, but highly recommended hehe)
What to do:
1. Put cabbage and potatoes in a bowl, get the masher and mash away! Add the garlic and mix well. Then season with salt and pepper. Add a smidgen of chili flakes to top it off!
2. Once you are satisfied with the texture, form them into balls. Put them on a foil-lined tray and bake them for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Or when your house smells like heaven.
3. Then… Enjoy the nomnom! We had them with beans and veggies (mmmmm) but you can also form smaller balls and serve them as hors d’oeuvres!
- Not so Dickensian Cabbage Soup (kissingfishies.wordpress.com)
- Oven roasted cabbage steaks recipe (nami-nami.blogspot.com)
- Potato Cheese Croquettes (cookingwithsapana.wordpress.com)
- How to make your own McDonald’s Japan-only gratin croquette burger (en.rocketnews24.com)
- Potato Croquettes Stuffed With Goat Cheese (graciesravioli.com)