Hello, hungry ones!
One of our goals here in HHO is to inspire our friends to be healthy, as demonstrated by our recipes. They are geared to enhance your health in a way that Anthony Bourdain would be proud (all the way down to Mixed Martial Arts – yes, that’s how we roll). Glad you liked our previous post, our Potato Cabbage Balls! Well, we mentioned that we paired it with beans and veggies and now here it goes!
What you need:
- 1 t coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 400gm white beans
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 500ml veg stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 laurel leaves
- a splash of Worcestershire sauce
What to do:
1. Saute your onions and garlic in coconut the oil until it has softened, season with salt and pepper. Remember to savour the smell and smile, but don’t let them burn. Add your carrots and celery and stir.
2. When soft enough, add the vegetable stock and laurel leaves and bring to the boil, add your peas, beans and cabbage and let it simmer for a bit until the sauce is thick-ish, we are looking at saucy here, then add Worcestershire sauce to taste.
3. Tada! Serve with your mash, or better yet, with our potato cabbage balls. Who needs meat when you have your jazzy beans? Ha!
- Veggie & White Bean Soup (evergreenhealthyliving.com)
- White Bean and Pepper Frittata (egg free) (nuanaturals.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Baby Potatoes and Carrots (saramakessoup.com)
- Sprouting 101: How to Sprout Everything from Adzuki to Lentils (organicauthority.com)
- How To: Broadbean Hummus, A Spring Dip (ateaspoonhalffull.com)