Hello, hungry ones!
Have you been busy? I bet. My back is complaining too, but after a bit of chill time – you know, chatting with the most important people in your life – and some couch and TV time, we are back on track! As today is Monday, let’s celebrate the beginning of the week (yes, I can hear your collective groan) with these delicious tofu and mushroom balls.
And yeah, tofu. Tofu is a great source of protein for those who are not keen on eating meat. With 19 g of protein per block, your chicken tenders will have no chance. Says here.
And yeah we love balls here. Cabbage balls, tofu balls, fish balls, basketballs… We love balls because we have balls! Just saying.
What you need:
- 2 blocks of firm tofu
- 1/2 c mushrooms
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 1/8 c corn starch
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- cheese (for filling)
- fresh basil leaves
- coconut oil for frying
What to do:
1. Mash the tofu in a nice bowl. Add the mushrooms onions, bread crumbs, corn starch, egg, soy sauce, basil and pepper. Mix well.
2. Form into balls. Insert cheese cubes in the middle. I love my basil with cheese. 🙂
3. Fry. Graciously and without fear.
4. Drain on a paper towel and…. Tada! Enjoy! Best served hot with a really cold beer! Or juice. Mmmm.
- Mushroom Miso Soup (drawnbellows.com)
- Spicy Tofu Balls (veggiezest.com)
- Pumpkin Pistachio Kale Bulgur with Maple Tofu (egginon.wordpress.com)
- Peppery Tofu (sinsationscakes.wordpress.com)
- Spinach & Tofu in Yogurt Gravy (aspiringrestaurateur.wordpress.com)